Thursday, May 17, 2007

What's Going On?

It's been about three weeks since I last posted on this blog. I have no real excuses, other than I just didn't think to write anything. Nor did I think about anything to write. Well, it's been three weeks. Here's a little of what I've been up to.

I saw Spider-Man 3. At a midnight showing. Was it worth it? Yes. Was it as good as I thought it would be? No. I liked it, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed a bit. Too many villains. Too much story. I really think it could've been split into two seperate films. Overall I enjoyed it. But the second one was better.

One day last week I got very lucky. I called Toys R Us and got some good news. And after receiving this good news, I got in my car and drove very quickly across town. Why? So I could make a semi-major purchase. So I could buy a Nintendo Wii. Yes, I got an elusive Wii gaming system. And let me tell you, it is fun. When I was a kid, I used to play Nintendo a lot. So much that my thumbs would begin hurting. I never thought I would see the day when my entire upper body would ache after playing a video game. It's a pretty neat innovation. I like it a lot.

I've been working at the Western Virginia Water Authority. It's part-time. It's temporary. I was hired with the impression that I would be doing office work. I've been mostly riding around with others while they turn off delinquent customers or recheck water meters or replace ancient water meters. Since I know little to nothing about the technical side of working with water lines, this translates to me standing around taking notes on work orders. Which mostly just translates to me standing around doing nothing. I'm unhappy with it. But I'm gonna stick it out. 'Cause it's nice to get a small paycheck every other week.

I suppose that's about it. I didn't promise anything exciting. I'm sorry for the lapse in posts. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment