Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Tales from the Qwik Pack & Ship - Chapter 3

Okay, I understand that part of working retail involves last minute customers coming in and taking up time that could be spent at home, since the store officially closed five minutes earlier.

Today, as I was closing up the register (at 5:59pm), a man came in with a huge 70 pound package. And then he got confused about what forms to fill out. And then he changed his mind after he started filling out what he later decided was the wrong thing. And while he's doing that (at 6:05pm) another person comes in wanting to make some photocopies. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Did no one notice that the door has a posted closing time of 6:00? Guess not. I got everything taken care of, eventually. And I had to close out the credit card machine all over again. I left the store angry. I got over it eventually. And I'm sure it'll happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment