Saturday, March 08, 2014

One More Down, Ninety-Five to Go

This weekend I had the opportunity to mark off one more item from my lifelong bucket list. That item? Sing Aerosmith's Dream On on karaoke night. There weren't many people who personally know me that witnessed this fiasco. Luckily, the Most Awesome Person I Know pulled out her phone and recorded the whole thing. Proof:


And there it is. I've gotta say, it was a little pitchy in parts, especially towards the end. I don't know. It was just okay for me, dawg. Honestly, my goal on the bucket list was just to perform the song. I never said it had to be good. I think I just hate the sound of my own voice... even though I love to sing. Maybe singing, for me, is better left to the confines of my car. Where no one can play it back for me to listen to all over again and I can pretend I'm singing along with the iPod flawlessly.

But now that that's taken care of, I can move on to more important items on the list. Like inventing time travel, dealing with my fear of clowns, kissing a girl... Impossible, you say? I scoff at scoffers. I just need to get my hands on a little plutonium and I'm pretty sure I'll have the time travel thing kicked.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm going to get a mic for the speaker in the BMS hallway and let you do that as entertainment for the donut table.. Awesome.

    By the way, you should export your blog to Wordpress.com. I'm biased, but I really feel like it's an easier platform for interaction.

    ReplyDelete