Friday, May 14, 2010

Question of the Week: In the Bag

You are walking down the street one night and a car comes screeching around the corner. You see blue lights flashing in the distance behind the car. Out of the car's window flies a bag that lands in some bushes just ahead of you. Curiosity gets the better of you and you look in the bag. It's filled with cash which has obviously been obtained by illegal means. What do you do?

There's a part of me that thinks that my fight or flight instinct would kick in and I'd leave the bag for someone else to find and deal with. However, I know the right thing to do would be to flag down the police that are quickly headed my way. I'm sure there would have to be some explaining on my part about how I was just an innocent bystander who's trying to do the right thing. It'd be nice if there was some kind of reward for doing the right thing, but I guess really, doing the right thing is supposed to be its own reward. As long as that money gets back to where it's supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment