Monday, April 23, 2012

Question of the Week: Lottery

This week's question comes from my good friend Shannon...

The lottery was recently REALLY big! What would you do with the money if you won? Would you quit work immediately, finish your year at your work and then quit, or keep working despite all that money.

I probably would quit my job. Not because I don't like my job. I actually love my job. But it's a job that's funded by taxpayer dollars. If they don't have to pay me and that money can go to something else, it should. I'd probably spend some time sitting around and doing nothing for a while. When I got tired of reading and watching movies all the time, and felt like I should start doing something productive again, I'd most likely start doing some volunteer work. Maybe try to do the same kind of job, I'd just tell them not to pay me for it. I like the idea of buying an entire subdivision for friends and family. I'd never actually thought of that before. I mean, I have thought about paying off current homes for friends and family. I'd definitely get a place for myself. Somewhere on the water. And then I'd pay for swimming lessons. Since I still don't know how to do that. I'd buy a lot of books. And I'd use my time off work to read them. And, of course, pay off all those pesky student loans. Oh, and my car. I'd pay that off too. Then I'd go to the bank and arrange for a withdrawal of about $100,000 in small bills. I'd then bring that cash to my brand new home and dump it out on my living room floor. Then I'd swim around in it like Uncle Scrooge. And I'd be able to do it too, 'cause I took those fancy swimming lessons. Also, I'd travel. A lot. There are so many places in the world I want to see. There are a lot of places just in this country that I want to see. I could achieve my dream of visiting every Major League Baseball park. I definitely want to visit Seattle. And the Grand Canyon. And Chicago. And New York. And... uh... San Francisco... I'm running out of places. Who has some suggestions? Let me know if you want me to come visit your corner of the globe. I'll have millions of dollars to spare, so I'm pretty sure I could pencil you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment