Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Great and Powerful

I love The Wizard of Oz. I grew up loving the movie. When I was old enough to read, I read the book. Not only that, I've probably read through the thing more than a dozen times. It's my favorite fictional story of all time. L. Frank Baum's sequels are hit or miss in my eyes, but worth checking out nonetheless. And now there's a prequel film that's being released next year. It stars James Franco as the Great and Powerful Oz and Michelle Williams as Glinda, the Good Witch of the South. Mila Kunis and Rachel Weisz star as characters named Theodora and Evanora, respectively. I can only assume they will turn out to be the Wicked Witches, who weren't originally named. One of them would eventually turn green. The other would be crushed by a house.

I know, you're probably wondering why I haven't read Gregory Maguire's Wicked series. I'm sure I'll get around to it. I haven't seen the musical based on the first book either. I want to get around to that too. Honestly, I attempted to read Wicked many years ago. I got bored with it and put it away. Try not to judge me too harshly. I was still in college and had a pretty short attention span when it came to the things I was reading.

Anyway, here's the trailer for Oz: The Great and Powerful, which will be released two days after my next birthday. You know, in case you're looking for gift ideas. Like movie tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment