Monday, July 23, 2012

Question of the Month...

You are given a chance to return to any previous point in your life and change a decision you made, but you will lose everything that has happened to you since then. Is there a time you would return to? If so, would you like to retain the memory of the life you are giving up even though you could never recapture it?

I would go back to this morning and I would remember to pick up the mayo with the rest of my groceries. That turkey sandwich that I had for lunch would definitely not be as dry. And I think I'd be okay not having the memory of the dry turkey sandwich. It's caused nothing but disaster. Okay, serious answer... No, I don't think I'd want to change anything. Without getting into my whole "you can't change the past" theory of time travel, I just don't think any change would be that significant. I believe things happen for a reason, for better or worse. I like the person I've become, and I know that every event in my life has helped me to grow into who I am. And I'm okay with that.

*Question of the week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D

No comments:

Post a Comment