Monday, May 20, 2013

Question of the Week: War

What is important enough to go to war over?
Well, there's the obvious: foreign oil control, retaliation for terrorist attacks, Great Depression, global domination. Truth is, anyone can justify just about any reason to go to war. The big historical ones are usually over territory expansion or religious differences. The Trojan War was started for the love of a woman. Not to get political, but I totally would have backed up the early colonials who wanted their freedom from Britain. And I thought it was a good idea to go after al Qaeda after 9/11. However, I did not agree with shifting our focus to Iraq so we could take out Hussein. I'm not saying he was a decent dictator, I'm just saying that the US military should not be the world's police. Anyway, I think it's important to ask, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment