Friday, August 10, 2007

Seriously

Can I be serious for a minute? I guess we'll see. I mean, I try not to stay too serious for too long. Even today, I visited my father's grave and ended up cracking jokes while talking to him/myself. It tends to happen when I get uncomfortable, or too serious.

But seriously... I'm moving in two days. Tomorrow I'll load up a truck and then Sunday I'll drive it to Wake Forest, North Carolina. Some of you may be asking, "Why is he moving to North Carolina?" To which I would reply, "For school."

As of Wednesday I will officially be a student of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. I made the decision to begin seminary nearly a year ago, just after Dad passed away. I had been fairly unhappy in my career. Even after changing jobs, still unhappy. So I prayed about it. Even talked to Dad about it before he died. And eventually I realized that God was pulling me back to full-time ministry. This is something I had thought I was called to years ago, but during college I decided that it wasn't for me.

And back to the present, I'm starting seminary in a matter of days. Am I excited? Sure am. Am I terrified? Absolutely.

I know in my heart, my soul, that God is going to take care of things. Because I also know that this is where He wants me to be. This is the path that He wants me on. But despite knowing these things, the "what ifs" manage to creep into my brain. See, I'm in school, I've got tuition taken care of, but what about living expenses? I don't have a job lined up just yet. This becomes my biggest concern. Then comes the studying issue. I haven't been in school for five years. I thought I was done with school. Here I am going back for a more difficult degree, after not using my mind critically for half a decade. This isn't as big a concern. I'll be okay if I apply myself. But what if I apply myself to too many things and wear thin?

These are the things I'm worried about. Even though I shouldn't worry. I know that. So, to those of you reading this, I make a plea: Pray for me. Pray that God will be with me during this time. Pray that He will open doors and present opportunities. Thank you for your encouragement in all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment