Thursday, August 30, 2007

Plus One

These wedding invitations keep pouring in. And with each invitation, I'm met with quite the dilemma: Do I check that I'm coming alone, or with a plus one?

According to Barney on "How I Met Your Mother," taking a date to a wedding is like taking a deer carcus on a hunting trip. Not that I'm basing any of my decisions on things that a fictional character on a sitcom says.

I'm singing in a wedding at the beginning of October. I've already responded that I'll be alone for that one. But for Andy's wedding, two weeks later, I have yet to respond. Mostly because the invitation was "misplaced" (see post: Just A Phone Call Away). Also because I don't know who I would ask to be a plus one.

See, I've never had a plus one before. I think it would be fun. And I have someone in mind to ask, but should I? Would she be willing to make the drive to Richmond for the wedding? I'll be in Richmond the day before for the rehearsal and what not, so it's not like I can go pick her up before the wedding.

That's my problem, you work on that, I'm gonna go eat a Pop-Tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment