Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christmas Comes Early For Charlie Brown

Tonight ABC showed "A Charlie Brown Christmas." Of course, I watched. It's a classic. It's one of those things that I watch every year at this time of the year. Others include Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, and It's A Wonderful Life. But tonight we'll focus on the Peanuts gang.

You've seen this cartoon, right? I love it. It's always nice to have Linus remind us of the true meaning of Christmas. It's also nice to continually wonder how that Pigpen kid kicks up a cloud of dust while ice skating. What's that about? Take a bath, kid!

Something else I really like is how the whole gang knows to take a collective breath while "loo looing" Hark the Herald Angels Sing. They don't even have a music conductor to direct them.

And how in the world do you decorate a tiny little twig of a tree by simply waving your arms in front of it? I wish I could do things just by waving my arms frantically. Let's say I don't feel like taking a shower. I'd just look in the mirror, flail about wildly, and poof! Ready for class.

Sorry I haven't written for awhile. I really don't have an excuse. Unless, maybe I've been trying to identify with the Writer's Guild, who is on strike right now. But I'm not in the Writer's Guild. I'm not that good of a writer. Maybe I've just been in a funk because of the strike, and knowing that my favorite TV shows will be ending early this season. It's sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment