Monday, June 24, 2013

Question of the Week: The American Dream

What does "The American Dream" mean to you?

Well, that all depends. I have some pretty weird dreams sometimes. Especially if I've taken some kind of medication to help me sleep. Like, if I take Ny-Quil to quell some cold symptoms, I can be sure to wake up the next morning with some pretty crazy adventures that I've never actually gone on in the old memory banks. But it occurs to me that this may not be the kind of dream to which the question is referring. Moving on...

The American Dream, to me, is just to do the best you can with what you've been given. I know a lot of people out there would cry out that the American Dream is to become a huge success in your career. Some will say it's about settling down and raising a family. Others, especially in today's society, probably believe the dream is to be as famous as possible for as long as possible. These are the ones who believe that there's no such thing as bad publicity and will do anything to have their face plastered on the front of some tabloid magazine or to have their Twitter feed explode with tweets all about them. For me, it's just to do good and to share that good with the people around you. That's my dream.

What's your dream? And when I ask these kinds of questions, I don't mean for them to be rhetorical. I'm genuinely interested in reading what kinds of responses you have. And that goes for pretty much everything I post on here. I'm not saying I want feed back every single day. But, yeah, I do actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment