Monday, September 09, 2013

Question of the Week: Life Lessons

What has life taught you recently?

I don't necessarily think that this is something that life has taught me recently. I think it's something I learned a long time ago. Life has just managed to reiterate the point. And that point? Don't worry. More often than not, I don't. In order to drive the point home, I'm going to have to be honest. It's been a rough few months. Mostly, it's been rough on the financial front. I'm sure I've explained before, when there's no school, there's no pay for me. This put me in a bad starting place as summer began, simply because of all the snow days we were forced to endure in the winter. Kind of depleted my savings account. That savings account was supposed to be there to help me out during those weeks of the summer when I didn't have any work. At the beginning of each month, I would look at my budget and wonder, "How is this gonna work?" Somehow, it always did. Sometimes I relied on friends and family to help me make some of the ends meet (to whom I am eternally grateful and, I promise, someday I'll pay you back). Other times, I relied on what, to the outside observer, would appear to be chance or coincidence. To me, it wasn't chance. It certainly wasn't coincidence. As someone who believes in and puts his faith in God, I know that some of those "coincidental" instances in my life this summer were put in my path to get me through a more difficult moment that was on its way. There are a lot of people who look at me and see a laid back kind of person. Not a care in the world. No, that's not always the case. But I really try not to worry. Because I know that, no matter what comes along, God's got my back. And if something doesn't go the way I want it to, that's not too bad either, because it just means He's got a better plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment