Saturday, December 29, 2007

Coming In 2008...

Another year is coming to an end. It's a time when one examines his or her life and resolves to make a change for the better. To turn over a new leaf. Last year, I resolved to not make any resolutions. I'm happy to say I spent the entire year with new resolutions.

This year will be different. I am making some resolutions. Nothing spectacular, just a few run of the mill resolutions.

The first one is one of the most popular. I'm going to exercise more. I won't say I want to lose weight, because for some reason, I've maintained my current weight for the last five years. No matter what I eat or how active I am, I seem to have plateaued. So my resolution is to exercise more. Get in some kind of better shape. I'm not talking Mr. Olympia here. I'd just like to walk from my car to the front door without getting winded.

My next resolution is to post something here every day. I know, that seems ridiculous. But it's not impossible. If I'm able to keep this one, then there will probably be more than a few days that have really short posts. But at least they'll be posted.

A friend tells me I should resolve to be more social. She has a valid point. I'm not very social. Mostly because I choose not to make the time to be social with people. Here I am working on my masters degree in a new town. And in the four months since I moved here, I've made one friend. Don't get me wrong, I have other friends that live in this area, but I have one new friend. That's it. I'm not one to strike up conversations with strangers, but maybe I should be.

So that's three. I think that's more than enough for 2008. Remember to tune in daily for new updates. In the mean time, have a safe and happy New Year's Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment