Thursday, January 19, 2012

AFI 64 - Network

Network
1976
Directed by Sidney Lumet
Netflix sleeve: When network new anchor Howard Beale (Peter Finch) loses his mind on the air, his outrageous rants reach viewers at home, boost the ratings and intrigue cutthroat network executives Faye Dunaway and Robert Duvall. William Holden contrasts their avarice as an old-school TV journalist hopelessly out of step in writer Paddy Chayefsky's Oscar-winning masterpiece, which predicted today's rash of trash television and shock-laden news broadcasts.

Well, it's nice to finally say I've seen the actual source of the line, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!" I think that's one of those lines that's been used and parodied over and over again. On the whole, this movie didn't really do much for me. It was kind of bizarre in my opinion. Not one I'll be watching repeatedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment