Monday, January 16, 2012

Question of the Week: Premeditated Plans

You have arranged an evening with a friend, but on the day preceding your date a special opportunity arises to do something much more exciting. How would you handle the situation?

I would not break plans with this friend. No matter how exciting this "special opportunity" may be. It's happened to me before. I had plans with someone but then something came up and they decided they wanted to do this other thing instead. Look, I'm sorry I'm not the guy you really wanted to go to the prom with. Whatever. Don't get me wrong. I got over it. But it kind of stings when it happens. So, yes, I would continue to keep the plans that had already been made previously with my friend. I don't care how bored we're both gonna be. I mean, I can pretty much meet Community's Alison Brie any time, right? I'm assuming that the "special opportunity" in question is a face to face meeting with Community's Alison Brie.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment