Friday, August 03, 2012

AFI 58 - The Gold Rush

The Gold Rush
1925
Directed by Charlie Chaplin
Netflix sleeve: Charlie Chaplin's comic masterpiece centers on the hardships of life on the Alaskan frontier. The Little Tramp plays a pathetic, lonely prospector who journeys to the Klondike hoping to discover gold and make his fortune. Instead, he gets mixed up with some burly characters and falls in love with the beautiful Georgia (Georgia Hale).

I watched this movie for the first time a long, long time ago. I'm pretty sure it was the summer after my sophomore year of high school. At the time, I thought it would be a good idea to participate in a private tutoring kind of thing that my 10th grade English teacher was putting on. I watched it again and my opinion of it hasn't really changed. I mean, I guess it's all right. Again, I think I have a little trouble getting into the humor of that era. Though we did get the bit where Chaplin made the dinner rolls dance. Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment