Tuesday, August 07, 2012

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

It's been a slow couple of weeks. No... slow is not an accurate term. A snail's pace may not be slow enough. I hope that gives you some kind of idea about how slow it's been.

Toward the end of July, my career was put on hiatus. I knew it was coming. It just wasn't that exciting, you know? Don't get me wrong, some stuff happened.

I moved out of my apartment, for one. I knew that was coming too. When I moved into the place I lived for the summer, I knew it was a temporary fix. I knew that I was only subletting from a girl that graduated from Radford University in May and that my permanent apartment would not be ready until mid-August. According to the rules, I needed to be out of the sublease by the end of July. This left me with two weeks of homelessness.

So I need to say thank you once again to the Creasy family for giving me a roof to cover my head during this time.

I also grew my "I've-been-unemployed-for-two-weeks-so-I-don't-need-to-shave" beard. And that's just all kinds of exciting. I'm tempted to post a picture of it. It's pretty freakin' manly.

But all of that exciting boredom ends tomorrow. Because that's when I go back to work.

Training starts tomorrow. I join my fellow counselors for the open house at my new school on Thursday. More training on Friday and Monday. And then school begins next Tuesday. Crazy, right?

So now I have to put on my big boy pants and my grown-up hat. I have to be responsible again. I have to be willing to wake up earlier than 9:30am. Actually, I have to be willing to wake up earlier than 6:30am.

But I'm keeping the beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment