Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Challenges and Changes

I've said it before. And, hopefully, I won't have to say it again. I miss blogging. And when I say that I miss blogging, I miss writing here on a daily basis.

There was a time when I would make every effort to post something each day. Even on the days when I wasn't able to get to my computer before midnight, I would post something as soon as I possibly could. And when I knew I was going to be away from internet access for more than a day, I would try to arrange for someone to do a guest post.

What have my readers come to expect over the past several months? A lot of dead air.

No more, says I! I plan to challenge myself in a couple of areas of my life.

First of all, I challenge myself to go back to a regular schedule of posting something here at Carp Dime once a day.

Next, and this is one that will begin in a couple weeks, is to take the Couch to 5K Challenge. Yeah, it's this thing I saw on Pinterest one time. Apparently I can go from being a lazy, good-for-nothing layabout to being capable of running a 5K in a matter of only 8 weeks. I'll believe it when I see it. But I'm gonna have to accept the challenge in order to see if the results are true. And I say challenge accepted.

Also, I will be participating in the Photo a Day Challenge that I so often see on others' blogs and/or Facebook pages. Back in the day, I was really into photography. And since my phone has a better camera than my digital camera has, I figure, why not?

What else? Hmmm...

I guess the last one is to do something that I don't really consider a challenge. Though it's hard to say that for certain without actually experiencing things yet. I'm getting ahead of myself.

I found out yesterday that I would be moving to a different school for work. Now, it should come as no surprise that I'm somewhat resistant to change. It's mostly because I have this introverted personality which makes it slightly difficult for me to warm up to new people right away. But I knew this move was a possibility. I had hoped it wouldn't happen, but here I am, safe in the knowledge that yes, it's happening.

So my final challenge to myself is to be comfortable with the change. It's really not that big a deal. The need is there and I'll go and keep doing my job the same way I did it at my old school. Time will tell what happens next.

Along with that challenge, I guess, will be the challenge to become comfortable with the two new roommates that I'll be meeting in the next couple weeks. New apartment comes with two new roommates. It's all very exciting.

So that's my world this August First. How's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment