Saturday, September 15, 2012

Challenge Me

I cannot tell you how many days that I sit down in front of my computer and just can't get my creative juices flowing. Often, I'll look back on my day and try to think of some anecdote to exaggerate to an appropriate, or even inappropriate degree. It isn't that interesting things don't happen throughout my day. Believe me, my days are interesting.

But let me explain how my job works. Once school is over and I sit down in front of my computer, I'm required to write notes about how the day went for each of my clients. So by the time I have free time to post something here, I've already regurgitated my day in a lot of clinical language for the job. I'm sure I could do it all again in a less clinical way, but I don't like repeating myself. I'm just not a fan of redundancy. See what I did there?

So there are a lot of days when I'm not able to come up with something good. That's where you come in.

I want you to challenge me. I want you to provide some random information for me. In response, over the next few weeks, I'll turn your ideas into stories.

Here's what I need from you:
  • Character name
  • Setting
  • An object
  • An emotion
You give me those four things, and I'll do my best to come up with a decent story.

I have 53 followers. I don't expect to get 53 responses here, but it sure would be nice to have more than 2 or 3 in the comments. Play along! I hope this will be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Traylor Steele

    Route 66

    Magic Eight Ball

    Nostalgic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryce Diamond

    New Orleans

    Camera

    Determined

    ReplyDelete