Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pen Pal

Last year, on the Bucket List that I made up, I mentioned that I'd like to have a pen pal. Specifically, that's number 31 on the list. I've never had a pen pal before. And now that we live on the world wide web, sending letters through the mail is almost unheard of.

Letter writing can be considered a lost art form. And that's understandable. Email is very convenient and you don't have to spend 45 cents to send each one. Also, it helps our society with our need to have instant gratification. We live in a world where heating up a burrito for a minute in the microwave takes way too long. Who wants to wait for a letter to arrive in the mail?

But I'd love to get a real letter. I'd love to open my mailbox and see something other than bogus loan checks and coupons for places I've never been. I'd like to look forward to opening that mailbox. I'd like to get excited about driving to the post office to see if anything good is waiting for me.

So I'm looking for a pen pal. Any takers? I'm pretty decent with a pen and some paper. And I'm told my penmanship is very nearly legible. Come on, I've got a whole book of forever stamps just waiting to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment