Saturday, June 21, 2014

1st - Five Ways to Win My Heart

Welcome to the 30-Day Blog Challenge with Carp Dime! I'm sorry. I shouldn't have used an exclamation point there. I'm trying to be more enthusiastic about this thing than I actually am. I've been in a blogging rut lately and it feels like there isn't much I can do to get excited about it again. Maybe the next 30 days will help. So this is Day One... starting on June 21... This might get a little confusing. Day One's topic: Five Ways to Win Your Heart.

I'm sure I can come up with five ways to win my heart. But they'll actually just be theories. Because no one has ever, in reality, won my heart before. I keep it too closed off to people most of the time. Yeah, I'm working on that. Have been for years. Ladies, if you're looking for a definitive list of five foolproof ways to win me over, I'm not sure this will be it. But it might be some good ideas.
  1. Quote Movies to Me... If you fluently speak movie quotes, you're on the right track.
  2. Be Sarcastic with Me... I have a very dry sense of humor. If we can't get along on the sense of humor level of things, we may as well not even try.
  3. Sing with Me... I love to sing. So if a girl is willing to sing along with me, it might just melt my heart.
  4. Love Animals... I don't expect you to go overboard and adopt dozens of cats and dogs just because they haven't found homes yet. In fact, that may be too much for me. There might be a fine line on this one.
  5. Love Jesus... This one should actually be number one. It's pretty important. My faith is a big part of who I am, so if you're gonna win my heart, it will have to be a big part of who you are too.
Like I said, these are mostly theories. Maybe they're just things I'm looking for in a woman. I'm not saying that a woman who shows up on my doorstep with all five of these qualities will trigger an intense need to fall madly in love. That may involve a 6th quality, the ability to break down the walls I've built up over the years. Yeah, I'm working on that.


1 comment:

  1. Now that this challenge is almost over, I'm starting to catch up on reading your posts. You have walls, too, huh? Sucks big time, doesn't it? And yet, it's so dangerous to let anyone in...

    ReplyDelete