Monday, March 26, 2007

Dilemma

First of all, what the heck is up with everyone getting engaged? It's like the people I knew during my time at Bluefield College have all gotten some sort of mailer that says it's the "in" thing to do. They must have lost my address, 'cause I didn't get that memo.

I joke. I'm very happy for all my friends who have been lucky enough to find that one person that they can spend the rest of their lives with. I, myself, just added a 4th wedding to my 2007 calendar. The first that I knew about will happen on October 20. In this wedding, I am a groomsman for Andy Berry. The 2nd wedding I knew of is happening in December. This is the wedding in which I am best man #1 (yeah, that's right, I said it!). Next, but actually happening soonest, is the October 6th wedding of Hollie Harmon, in which I will be singing. And as I said, I found out today that Cassie Godfrey is engaged. And the wedding? October 20th. BUM BUM BUUUUUMMMM!!!!

Two weddings in the same day. Happening about 400 miles apart. Can it be done? My sister said to book a flight. Problem solved. No, I'm in Andy's wedding, meaning I'll have to be there for the prewedding events, the reception, the decorating of the car.

I ran into the same problem last summer. Ryan getting married in Roanoke, Meghan getting married in Bluefield. That situation wasn't as bad though: I wasn't in either wedding, and it was only a 2 hour car trip. My solution: I attended Meghan's wedding, then drove to Roanoke for Ryan's reception. Problem solved.

I'll be looking for some creative solutions if anyone out there has any. Obviously, my priority will be Andy's wedding. And I know that going to both weddings will be impossible, but I'd like to at least say that I tried to find a way.

Maybe I could call Cassie and convince her to postpone things a bit. I see the conversation going something like this:

Me: "Hey Cassandra, I know the world doesn't revolve around me, but let's pretend for a minute that it does. I'm in Andy's wedding on the same day as yours. Could you move yours to, say, October 27th?"
Cassandra: "Why yes, Aaron, I'd be more than happy to accomodate your needs on my most special day. Your friendship means the world to me and I would hate to think you weren't there on that day of days."
Me: "That's such a relief to hear."

The end. Hey, it's my mind that's creating the conversation. It may not exactly like that, but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment