Friday, March 02, 2007

So Easy A Caveman Can Do It!

I need to say something about this.

I just read an article on Yahoo saying that the Geico Cavemen may have their own sitcom coming to a television near you. That's right, ABC has ordered a pilot based on the Geico Cavemen. Don't believe me? See for yourself: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070303/ap_en_tv/tv_cavemen_2

Now, I know that not all pilots are picked up as series. In fact, most pilots that are shot fall by the wayside. But just to know that these down on their luck Cavemen are finally getting a break in our society is a great thing.

I personally look forward to every new Caveman commercial. But the first one is still the best. Who saw that coming, right? "So easy, a caveman can do it!" And then the caveman operating the boom mic... well, you know what happens. I still laugh.

Now, do I actually believe that this show (if it is developed into a series) will make it? Absolutely not. I mean really, how many episodes can you get out of three cavemen trying to make it in the 21st century? I've tried, but it just doesn't stop being funny for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment