Saturday, June 20, 2009

Deal With It

It's come to my attention that I have a certain following on this blog. It amounts to roughly 15 or 20 visitors per day. To me, that doesn't seem like a lot. Especially when I follow other blogs that get more comments on one post than I get in a month of posts. But those 15 to 20 each day could, in fact, be a hundred different people who only check the blog periodically.

So to those of you who read this regularly, I say thank you. Thanks for paying attention to what I have to say when I have something to say. But I sort of have a request. Don't take me so seriously.

Even when I label a post "On a Serious Note," take it with a grain of salt.

I have issues that I deal with. They're deep and they're numerous. Part of my personal exploration of those issues can be seen in the Life Story posts that I've occasionally done over the last few months, and will continue to do. Those are just a few examples of walls that I'm trying to break down.

But looking into my past all on my own probably isn't enough to deal with everything I've got going on. I'm one of those people who recognizes the fact that I need therapy. In fact, I should probably be seeing a counselor on a pretty regular basis. But when it comes to that sort of thing, I'm very stubborn. If you keep reading the forthcoming Life Story posts, you'll easily be able to see why I am that way.

So, since I refuse to send myself to a therapist, and since this is also much cheaper, I write. This blog is the one place that I can come to and vent. When something is going on in my life or when I'm deep in thought over things, I come here to write about them.

Try not to take the things I say here so seriously. Nothing I've written has ever been meant to help or harm anyone. But it's therapeutic for me. If you like what I have to say, keep coming back. If you don't like what I have to say, I'm sorry, but I'm not changing it. Come back some other time and maybe I'll have posted something more to your liking.

I've got a lot of issues to work through. I'm dealing with them. So should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment