Friday, June 19, 2009

Question of the Week: J/K

A good friend pulls off a well-conceived practical joke that plays on one of your foibles and makes you look ridiculous. How would you react?

I'd like to say I'd laugh it off. I mean, I love a good practical joke... as long as it's played on someone else. I'd probably get pissed. I'd get over it, and it probably wouldn't take long. Eventually I'd look back and laugh at it. But I think it's safe to say that I'm one of those guys who can dish it out but can't take it.

If it was a really good one, I'd probably end up being jealous at some point. Jealous that I hadn't thought of such a joke myself. So let that be a lesson to all of you out there. Don't pull any practical jokes on me. You'll reap the whirlwind.

Okay, not really. I can't really bring about a whirlwind of fury.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment