Tuesday, June 02, 2009

What I'm Looking For

Some time ago, Nicole claimed that I would be getting married on October 9, 2009. I'm still skeptical, seeing as that's a mere four months away and I have no potential mate. Also, I was looking ahead at that magical thing called a calendar and realized that October 9 is a Friday. Who gets married on a Friday? Still skeptical.

Anyway, I figure if this person is out there somewhere, she should know what I'm looking for in a potential bride. Please don't interpret this as an I'm-looking-for-a-wife-right-this-second kind of list, because I'm not. But here's the list.

Faith - This is the first and possibly the most important factor. As a Christian, I feel that any woman I marry would have to be the same. I'm not looking for someone who's perfect or holier-than-thou. I want someone who struggles in the same ways that I struggle. I want someone who understands that I'm not perfect either. Someone who's gonna deal with it when I screw up and help me to remember that she's still gonna love me anyway. Someone who's growing in her walk is a plus.

Movies - I'm not saying she has immortalize Back to the Future as I do, but she at least needs to have the ability to stomach watching it at least a dozen times a year. She has to understand that movies are awesome and fun to watch. Movies aren't an all the time thing, she just has to enjoy them on a regular basis, that's all.

Games - I don't think I'm the most competitive person in the world, but I do have a competitive streak when playing most types of games. It would be nice if she could give me a run for my money. She doesn't have to beat me all the time, I just want to know that it could be a toss-up, depending on the game.

Conversation - I'm not much of a talker. She might have to do some extra work in this area. That, or she's gonna have to know when to shut up. Either way, it's gonna take a lot of the next category on her part.

Intelligence - When I do talk, I'd like to think that she and I can carry on an interesting conversation. But this doesn't mean book smarts. This is mostly common sense. Just have the ability to use your brain and we'll get along just fine.

Communication - This is definitely not the same as merely talking. There are going to be times when we will get on each others nerves. We've got to be able to work through it. We'll also need to learn how to compromise. That doesn't mean that one of us just gives in, allowing one to walk all over the other.

Looks - This is the sticky one. If I try to describe someone that I think is really hot, then I'm labeled as shallow and superficial. The thing is, I'm not looking for a supermodel. She just has to be attractive to me. It doesn't matter what other people see or think of her. I'm the one who has to think she's hot. What are my preferences? Well, I'm flexible. But I prefer longer hair and not necessarily a fan of the redheads, though, being a blonde or brunette is not a prerequisite. She's got to have all her teeth in the right place. Smile's are big with me, even though I don't really do it all that much myself. And the eyes... I really don't care what color they are, as long as there's life behind them.

Well, that about sums it up. I'm really not looking to get married in October. I may not be looking to get married at all. But if it happens, it'll be way down the line. And I'm pretty sure the woman described above is the one that I'll find. Or she'll find me. But hey, if you run into her before I do, tell her to take her time, 'cause I'm really in no hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment