Friday, June 05, 2009

Question of the Week: AIDS

If you found that a good friend had AIDS, would you avoid him? What if your brother or sister had it?

No on both counts. I think in the beginning it would be an adjustment, but I don't think it would take long to get to a comfort level that we're used to. This isn't the 80s when AIDS was a new disease and people were ignorant of how it affected the infected or how it was spread to others. The only reason I would avoid that friend or family member with the disease would be if I had a cold or something. Knowing how AIDS destroys a person's immune system, I'd hate to think I'm the one that gave them that extra push into extreme sickness.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment