Friday, July 17, 2009

Question of the Week: Bird in the Hand

If you walked out of your house one morning and saw a bird with a broken wing huddled in some nearby bushes, what would you do?

I would keep walking. Survival of the fittest my friends, survival of the fittest. Besides, I'm not a vet. What would I do with a bird with a broken wing? Take it to an actual vet? And then what? Pay them money that I don't have to try to heal a wild animal who would probably go on to be eaten by a hawk in a week anyway? Yeah, okay.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. Harsh! but so very true...i must admit i would have the same feelings plus what if that same wild bird had some kind of funky disease such as the "bird" flu! then not only would you be shelling out money you dont have to save its life you would also be doing the same to save ur own! wft...i say its not worth all that mess.

    ReplyDelete