Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Staycation: Day 2

Here's what a day of vacation looks like for me this week.

6:30am - Woke up; realized that I'm on vacation, so I really didn't need to get up.

9:00am - Woke up again.

9:30am - Went to shower and looked in the mirror and realized I needed a shave. But then I figured, screw that, I don't have to go to work, why should I shave?

10:00am - Had a bowl of cereal.

10:30am - Considered the suggestion in Erynn's comment on yesterday's blog. In case you missed it, it was suggested that I take a day trip somewhere. Day trip in consideration: the North Carolina Zoological Park in Asheboro. Possible trip would take place tomorrow.

11:00am - Texted some friends for a while. Decided that I need to get some writing done, but I think I'll wait 'til after lunch.

12:00pm - Played a little PS3. Just because I could.

1:00pm - Thanks to a sale at the store yesterday, I find myself stupid with bologna, so I had a couple of bologna sandwiches.

1:30pm - Sat down to write. And then I actually wrote. Mostly outlining some ideas, but progress was made.

2:00pm - Meanwhile I watched the coverage of Michael Jackson's memorial service.

3:00pm - Turned off the computer so I could take a break from the writing for a while.

Oh, and near the end of the memorial service, I had to talk myself out of crying at MJ's daughter's remarks. Pretty heartbreaking. Seriously.

4:00pm - Read some of Nicholas Sparks' memoir, Three Weeks With My Brother. It's a pretty good book.

5:00pm - Fixed dinner. Steak-Umms. That's right my friends.

5:30pm - Got back to writing. This time it was some actual writing, not just outlining. Stuck with that for a while.

7:30pm - Did some actual research on how to get to the zoo and how much such a trip would cost me.

9:00pm - Talked myself out of going to the zoo. The way I see it, I don't get paid again 'til next Wednesday. With the rent check already coming out, money's gonna be tight until then. Kind of stinks 'cause I was actually looking forward to going to the zoo. I haven't been to a zoo in over a decade. Maybe I'll talk myself back into going on Thursday.

9:53pm - Wrote a blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment