Sunday, January 03, 2010

New Leaf

I don't do New Year's resolutions. I don't believe in them. Maybe what that boils down to is that I don't believe in myself.

I just don't see the point in promising myself that I'm gonna lose weight or that I'm gonna spend less money on frivolous things.

Should I lose weight? Probably.

Should I spend less money on frivolities? Absolutely.

But there's a good chance I'm just gonna let myself down. And when I haven't lost that five pounds by the end of January, I'm gonna feel guilty about it. And I really don't like feeling guilty about stuff. It's a negative emotion. And 2010 is all about the positive emotions.

See, that's what I've promised myself this year. That 2010 will be better than 2009. That means a better outlook on things.

Okay, not really. That was just my way of contradicting myself. But really I'm not. 'Cause I didn't even make that kind of resolution.

But would I like 2010 to represent some new things for me? Of course.

If you've been to this blog before, you'll see that there have been some changes. Nothing drastic, but I hope it streamlined things a bit. You'll also notice that there's a new web address, which I like. This isn't news to the three of you who regularly stop by. But for those of you coming over from Sunday Scribblings, it might be brand new information.

I'd like to see a new job in 2010. If you stick around beyond Sundays, you've no doubt read a Bank Teller post or two. One may infer from reading those posts that I dislike my job. One may be correct. I think most of it is the redundancy of the job. But I guess that would be found just about anywhere. I'm just desperate for something different.

Don't get me wrong, I realize that in today's society, having a job, any job, is truly a blessing. But this thing started as a part-time gig while I was still in school. I've been out of school for a year now. Time for something new.

So hopefully that'll be my true new leaf. I want to turn it over and find a decent salary. With benefits.

3 comments:

  1. Make sure it's an evergreen leaf! You don't need to be searching for another job in the autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you find a job that inspires and challenges you. It's possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I like your new space...

    ReplyDelete