Thursday, January 21, 2010

Legends of the Bank Teller - Episode LXXI

For a day and a half I was in training this week. That's right, in training to learn more about a job that I don't want. It wasn't necessarily training for the job I currently have. It could be training for what would be the next step. But that completely hinges on the assumption that I want to advance in a career in banking. Which I do not.

But they say knowledge is power. And I now know how to do a lot of things in our banking software that I didn't know before. Perhaps this is a good thing. But it absolutely has not encouraged me to turn this job into a career.

There were only four of us in this class. Three of us were fairly local. The other was from Wilmington. She was cute, and for about 2 seconds I considered inviting her to dinner. But that theory went away quickly when I found out she had the same name as my sister. I just don't think I could date someone with the same name as my sister. It would be weird. Also, when she spoke, she sounded like Paris Hilton. That's not hot. That's annoying.

I didn't regret my decision to abstain from a dinner date (or my lack of nerve, take your pick) until this morning when I arrived for day two of training. Turns out this girl just went to her hotel room after class yesterday and did nothing for the entire night. I've done that before. It's dull. It's boring. And I'm the kind of person that enjoys his alone time. All three of us locals felt a little guilty about not offering to do something with the out-of-towner.

So I only had half a day of training today. Most of the time when I go to a class and we get done early, I'm able to go home. But today, I was asked to spend the rest of the day working back at my branch. That was very obnoxious. Here's the thing, no matter how long I'm at work, it always feels like a full day. Whether it's 8 hours, 4 hours, or even 15 minutes, it still feels like I've been there all day. And as dull as the first half of my day was, it felt a lot like I had two work days all in one.

That pretty much means I'm really tired. 'Cause after my two days of work in one day, I then had to deliver pizza. I want to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment