Friday, July 09, 2010

Question of the Week: Trip

If you could take a one-month trip anywhere in the world and money were not a consideration, where would you go and what would you do?

Well this begs the question, am I going alone or with friends? I mean, if money is no object, then I think I should allowed to bring along the people I'd want to hang out with for a month. Either way, I'm having a hard time coming up with one place where I'd want to spend an entire month. I have a feeling I'd get bored with it, no matter what I was doing. If I'm able to go with friends, I'm gonna go with a beach somewhere. Maybe an island somewhere. The kind of place where you have enough to keep you occupied for a full month without feeling like you keep doing the same thing all the time. By myself, I'm not sure it'd be worth it really. All those amazing sites all over the world that people talk about wanting to see before they die, yeah, I want to see them too. But do I want to spend a month in a hotel room in Paris overlooking the Eiffel Tower? Do I want to spend an entire month touring Rome? Okay, Rome might be pretty cool for a month, but really, what American wants to spend a month in France? They hate us all. In fact, a lot of people in the world hate Americans. Maybe I should just keep my month domestic. Go hang out in Orlando. Ride Space Mountain a few hundred times. Sounds good.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

2 comments:

  1. Orlando? Really, Aaron? No. Plus, the question didn't state that you had to stay in one city and never leave its confines. You could just go to Europe, buy a Euro rail pass and see a LOT. Even just pick ONE country. Italy: Venice, Rome, Tuscany, Florence, and that's just Italy.
    It takes at least a week to really see a city anyway. Get creative.
    Now, with that rant out of my system, it's New Zealand. Absolutely, hands down, no question. And this is what I'm doing: http://www.hiddentrails.com/country/newzealand.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyprus. I've been obsessed with it for about 5 years, ever since I read a fascinating book that claimed that it's the basis of the Atlantis myth. History, mythology, architecture, and beautiful beaches...what's not to love?
    visitcyprus.com

    ReplyDelete