Wednesday, August 18, 2010

La Biblioteca

Okay, I admit that sometimes I don't take the good advice that friends are trying to give me. Sometimes it's because I'm stubborn. Other times, it's because I just don't feel like I've got enough time to act on that advice. So I take the easy way out and go with my gut instinct instead. Then I look back and realize that I should have listened when someone was genuinely trying to give me a good word.

Throughout the past year, the Charlottan has been trying to convince me to watch the show Community. Over and over he told me how much I'd love it, how funny I'd think it was. I nodded my friend and pretended to listen to him. I may have even told him I'd give it a look. But then I never did. And for that, my friend, I am sorry. Because now, thanks to the magic that is Hulu, I've been catching up on the entire first season of Community. And I'm here to tell you that it's quickly become my favorite new sitcom. It's dry, it's witty, it's just... well... fun to watch.

The show centers around Jeff (Joel McHale, who you may know from E!'s The Soup), a disbarred (is that the correct word?) attorney who is forced to go back to school and begins taking classes at Greendale Community College. Part of his class load is a beginning Spanish course taught by SeƱor Chang (Ken Jeong, of The Hangover). To get by in this class (and to meet the hot blond girl, Jeff forms a study group, including an old guy named Pierce, played by Chevy Chase.

So today, I give you a clip from that very program. Two of the characters, Abed and Troy, often have something to do during the end credits. In this particular episode, they make up a rap using a number of Spanish words and phrases. To my international readers, I apologize, but you can't see the video. At least I don't think you can. I don't think Hulu can be seen outside the US. You guys might just have to take my word for it. Everyone else, enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. i LOVE this show!!! its one of those things that make you laugh out loud even when you are by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This show is awesome. I only started watching halfway through the first season, though, so I'm glad to hear the whole season's on Hulu so I can watch from the beginning. And if you haven't gotten there yet, wait til you see the paintball episode. Epic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheri, I have to warn you, Hulu has only been showing a few episodes at a time. I missed the pilot episode, but luckily caught it when they were running the second show. This week they're only doing episodes 11-14. I'm hoping it's one of those shows that Netflix will stream once it's released on DVD. I don't know how I'd get by without Hulu and Netflix. I don't even need a TV anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, thanks for the warning. I'm not as big on Hulu as I am Netflix. Unless I'm looking for SNL clips or on a Doogie Houser kick, I forget it exists. I'm currently watching Futurama from the beginning on Netflix. Did you see where they obtained the rights to stream Paramount, Lionsgate, and MGM? That'll add tons of movies to watch instantly. I'm pretty excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The entire Thursday night NBC line up is my favorite. Community, Parks and Rec, The Office, and 30 Rock. Best night of the week.
    I agree, the Paintball episode is amazing. But this clip is one of my favorites EVER!

    ReplyDelete