Friday, May 27, 2011

Question of the Week: Forty Points

If you could increase your IQ by forty points by having an ugly scar stretching from your mouth to your eye, would you do so?

Shoot yeah. I mean, I like to think I'm fairly intelligent as I am now, but just because I think it doesn't necessarily meant it's entirely accurate. I'm no dummy, but I'm sure I could always stand to be a little smarter. And you know, this face isn't winning any beauty contests as it is. What's a scar gonna do to me? You know what it'll do? It'll add character. People who would otherwise forget me after a first meeting will suddenly be like, "Who's that? Oh, the guy with the scar on his face. Would not want to run into him in a dark alley."

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

3 comments:

  1. Uh, I would not want the scar. Does that make me vain and shallow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd do it in a heartbeat. But then...ignorance is bliss. And knowledge doesn't bring a whole lotta bliss...sooooo...maybe I might rethink that one. Ummmm...yep, I'd still do it. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny, I was talking to a friend last night who made an interesting observation. Stupid people don't know they're stupid, so they're okay with it and okay with their world as it is. But intelligent people know how to identify stupid people, and know they exist, so it kind of makes certain aspects of the world miserable for them. So maybe it would be better to lose the IQ points... I think I'm rethinking my own answer on this one.

    ReplyDelete