Friday, May 06, 2011

Question of the Week: Public Execution

If there were a public execution on television, would you watch it?

Absolutely not. You know, I don't give a lot of time to the "reality" garbage they televise these days anyway. My only exceptions there are Big Brother and the occasional Amazing Race. I don't imagine they'd ever start killing off the contestants on those shows. It's difficult enough watching a favorite houseguest get evicted from the Big Brother house. Killing them wouldn't do much for me. Besides, I don't have any of the premium cable channels. And there's a good chance that you'd have to pay extra to see something like that. So even if I were depraved enough to want to witness an execution for entertainment's sake, I'm sure I couldn't bring myself to pay money to see it.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. I admittedly watch a lot of reality television but I'd never watch a public execution--it wouldn't matter how evil or deserving of death the person was.

    ReplyDelete