Thursday, February 02, 2012

AFI 63 - Cabaret

Cabaret
1972
Directed by Bob Fosse
Netflix sleeve: A British scribe (Michael York) and his comrades--including a flamboyant American nightclub entertainer named Sally Bowles (Liza Minnelli)--chronicle the debauchery and turbulence of prewar Berlin in director Bob Fosse's big-screen adaptation of a musical classic. Existing in a morally ambiguous void, the characters doggedly maintain their facades as the world outside the cabaret gears for war.

This is another film that I wasn't particularly looking forward to reaching. I'm not sure what it is 'cause I usually enjoy a musical. Though I should clarify... I enjoy a good musical. I know there are those out there who would consider this to be a good musical. After all, it did make the AFI list. It just didn't do anything for me, even after I sat all the way through it. Not something I'll do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment