Friday, February 10, 2012

Bragging Rights

Remember when I mentioned Amy's contest on her blog? The one where she was giving away the Barton Hollow CD from The Civil Wars? It was a couple weeks ago. I'll let it slide if you don't remember. We are, after all, a nation with a short attention span.

Anyway. I won.
I failed to mention this when the announcement was actually made. Don't get me wrong, I was excited about winning. Okay, I was more than excited. I feel like I never win anything. Though, come to think of it, I guess I've been kind of lucky when it comes to winning things lately. Over the summer, I won that awesome prize package for the Greenbrier Classic. That led to witnessing a pretty awesome golf tournament as well as The Black Eyed Peas in concert. You know, and some other stuff. Good times.

Oh, and a few months ago, I stopped to get a Coke. I twisted off the cap and found out that the next time I bought one, I could get a second one for free. That's right.

So I received my brand new Civil Wars CD in the mail this week. And it couldn't have come at a better time. With my wicked long drive to and from work each day, it's nice to have new music to listen to. On any given day, it means I could listen to the entire CD nearly four times.

I blame the Charlatan for introducing me to The Civil Wars. Though he didn't do it with the intention of getting me to like them. I'd seen him mention them on Twitter occasionally. Then on our epic road trip to Indy we listened to some of their stuff. I thought it sounded pretty good. So I'm really enjoying my new CD. Thanks again, Amy!

In completely unrelated news: the kindergarten class that I spend a good chunk of my day observing studied Abraham Lincoln this week. This, of course, led to a discussion of the Civil War. I couldn't help but think about a time when I was young, probably the same age as many of these kindergarteners, and mispronounced the word "Civil." 5-year-old me was certain it was the Silver War.

1 comment: