Friday, March 02, 2012

I Wasn't Gonna Do This

I've been watching American Idol this season. That's not something I thought I would do after watching what's-his-name win a few years ago. I really can't remember who won. Pretty sad, huh? You can tell he's made an impression on America's consciousness. I know it was Paula Abdul's last season. I didn't quit watching because she quit judging. I just stopped caring.

Not sure I actually care now. But it's been a while and I wanted to give it a shot again. I heard that Steven Tyler was an interesting character last year.

Now they've narrowed this season's hopefuls down to their top 13. Can't say I'm entirely pleased with the line-up. Of the guys, I think that Colton kid (the one with the dual-colored mohawk) is pretty good. The fact that America voted in that Heejun kid over Adam Brock just flat-out pisses me off.

The women, on the other hand, are just about phenomenal. Three of them, for sure, are the ones I'll be pulling for through the end of this thing. Those ladies are Jessica Sanchez, Hollie Cavanagh and Elise Testone. Outstanding. Couldn't care less about the 7 guys that are left, but these girls are awesome.

I know in years past I would blog my thoughts while watching the live shows. I really don't think I'll get back into doing all that. I don't think there was an overwhelming following of my blog back when I was doing that. Even when I was blogging about Idol for the Raleigh newspaper, I didn't get a whole lot of attention for that. Just know that I'm giving the show a chance this year. There's a good possibility that if it ends in disappointment for me, they'll lose me for life this time. Restore my faith in your ability to choose, America.

No comments:

Post a Comment