Monday, March 19, 2012

Question of the Week: It's All Relative

Relative to the population at large, how do you rate your physical attractiveness? your intelligence? your personality?

To quote the great Ricky Bobby, "I'm the best there is, plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence." I think that says it all right there.

But seriously, are we working on a ten point scale? If that's the case, I'd probably rate myself at a 7.5. Maybe I'm being too generous. Maybe I'm not being generous enough. I'll leave that to the eye of the beholder.

What about you? Where do you rate yourself?

*Question of the week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. This question feels like it's asking for multiple answers. On the 10 point scale, I'd say attractiveness, I'd give myself a 6.5 (but I feel like I have some pretty good upward potential if I could get motivated to get in shape).
    Intelligence--I feel like the longer I'm out of school, the more my intelligence is declining. I pulled out a paper I'd written in college recently, and I could hardly keep up with my own thoughts. I would have said I was an eight or nine back then, but I think I've slipped to a 7.
    And of course I think my personality is a 10 (or MAYBE a 9.5 . . . there are some things I could work on, I suppose). But don't MOST people like their personalities? That seems like the thing you have the most control over. Regardless, mine is excellent.

    ReplyDelete