Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Low Key

Today is my birthday. At 7:48 this morning, I officially crossed the threshold of 32 years. And you know, it feels a lot like 31. I probably say that every year. Someone inevitably asks, "What does it feel like to feel whatever age you just turned?" My response, typically, is, "Feels just like the age I was on March 5."

In years past I've tried to make a big deal out of my birthday. Not that it's that big a deal. But it's been nice to go out with a group of friends and have a good time. This year I just didn't feel like doing any of that. Not that I believe my 32nd birthday isn't worth celebrating. I just wanted to keep things low key this time.

The extent of my celebrating took place at IHOP. Omelet... Pancakes... It was good. Of course, I can probably skip breakfast and lunch tomorrow due to the sheer volume of food I ingested. Still, quite tasty.

But there were no trips to Chuck E. Cheese. No attempts to pull together a large group of friends. Just a few phone calls and Facebook messages. And, this year, I'm perfectly okay with that.

Next year, however, will be a different story. Wednesday, March 6, 2013 will be epic. Assuming we all survive the coming zombie apocalypse.

3 comments: