Monday, December 31, 2012

Question of the Week: When?

If not now, then when?

I think this is an appropriate question for this time of year. So many times people are faced with the desire to make changes in their lives... "I wanna quit smoking; I wanna lose weight; I want to be nicer to people..." But then they decide they're gonna wait until the New Year to make some kind of resolution that they'll end up breaking before Groundhog Day. I say, why wait? It's so easy to put things off. Believe me, I know. I've been a professional procrastinator for a good 15 years now, and I was a decent amateur back in the day. But when it comes to becoming a better person or chasing after the desires that you know God has placed in your heart, there's no point in putting it off. It's like the question from a couple weeks ago, about living or existing. Are you really living if you're choosing to put off pushing yourself, or are you just existing?

No comments:

Post a Comment