Tuesday, August 20, 2013

One of Those Days

But just for the time being.

I've been having a pretty serious I-don't-like-people kind of night. It could be because I've had a pretty wicked headache most of the day. Another factor could be the lack of sleep I've experienced since school started back up. Whatever the reason, it seems like anything that anyone said or did just kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Please, don't take it personally. I really do like people. Most of the time. And, honestly, I hate when I have days like this. Days like this make me feel kind of guilty for tending toward introversion.

Introversion, I think, is the big reason why I'm feeling this way. The last few days have been heavy on the socialization. Not that I haven't enjoyed spending time with friends and strangers. It's just been a lot. It seems like every time I turn around, there's another article being posted on Facebook about how introverts need alone time to recharge their batteries. I'm sure a lot of people, especially extroverts, are getting tired of hearing that. But it's really true.

So, to my friends, for my sanity (and possibly for yours), I may just need to cut myself off from the world tomorrow night. I'll get home from work/school tomorrow and just take some time to do nothing. I mean, I'll probably read or maybe watch a movie. But I'm gonna have to do it alone.

Unless someone has something really, really awesome planned. Like Robots vs. Wrestlers. If that's happening, I'll make an exception. Otherwise I'm locking myself in my room. Gotta recharge the batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment