Monday, August 26, 2013

Question of the Week: Doing Things

Are you more worried about doing things right or doing the right things?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I'm more concerned about doing the right things. I mean, I do like for things to be done correctly. But I'm not a stickler. I'm pretty laid back more often than not. If someone is helping out with dinner by setting the table, I'm not gonna freak out because they put the salad fork on the left side of the plate. They're being helpful. And, you know what? I don't even know what side of the plate the salad fork is supposed to be on! Is it really that important? I don't think so. Just say thank you to the nice person who decided to rummage through your silverware drawer and throw everything on the table for you. Unless they came in and did this uninvited. Especially if it's not meal time. That's weird. And you should probably invest in a better lock for your door. Because once one stranger gets in and starts setting the table, it sets a precedent. Suddenly you've got people from all over town coming by. "Hey man! I heard you let people set your dining room table for free!" There's no one who won't want to get in on that action.


No comments:

Post a Comment