Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Strange Visitors

While working today, I received a text informing me that Nicole was getting the kids ready and then taking them to the Krispy Kreme.

You are probably unaware that this wonderful doughnut factory is only a few blocks from where I work. So I responded to said text with my order: a lemon-filled doughnut.

I was only half serious. I mean, sure, I wanted a doughnut, but I didn't really expect her to hit the drive-thru to drop off a doughnut.

I was surprised to find that she not only came by the bank, she stopped and had the whole crew of kids come inside to deliver not one, but two lemon-filled doughnuts. I figured, at best, I'd get a quick drive-thru visit.

In return for the gift of pastries, I gave each of the kids their choice of lollipops. After distributing three blues, a yellow, and a golden (another yellow), Nicole and the kids went on their merry way.

After they left, my co-workers gave me something of a hard time. They found it a little hard to believe that I was that well-liked by so many children. Especially when it came to Gabby, waving and saying bye over and over as she was carried out of the bank.

That's right. Contrary to popular belief, I am extremely lovable!

3 comments:

  1. Im pretty sure we all already knew just how lovable you really are or we wouldnt be reading this blog in the first place! i think it is you who really doesnt know...just something to ponder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to agree with makenzie 100%.

    nhg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah and I think I might resent the fact that you called us strange. Just a bit hurtful :-)

    nhg

    ReplyDelete