Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sandwiches

I can't explain it, but I've been on a pretty serious sandwich kick lately. I really don't know what's brought this new craving on. But I can't seem to stop.

Don't get me wrong, I've always enjoyed the occasional sandwich. But over the last few weeks, I've gotten pickier about my sandwiches. I was introduced to Jimmy John's. And their sandwiches are pretty good.

So I've been having these subs. Whenever someone at work suggests having Jimmy John's delivered I jump on it. It makes me look forward to lunch. And it becomes so much more than just getting a half hour away from the teller line.

But thanks to these delivered sandwiches (as well as some pretty awesome subs from Sheetz), I've decided that a few slices of turkey slapped between two pieces of loaf bread just isn't good enough anymore. I can't afford to keep ordering subs from these restaurants, but I really want to keep having that caliber of sandwich. Does anyone have any ideas?

Grocery stores have pretty decent sub rolls in their bakeries, right? I know they'll cost more than you're average dollar loaf of sliced bread, but they'll be so much better. Just thinking about the different meats and cheeses and the chewy bread is making me hungry again. And I just finished a sub not too long ago. What's wrong with me?

Do they have a sandwich eaters anonymous?

No comments:

Post a Comment