Tuesday, February 02, 2010

So Very Lost

Lost returns tonight for the very last time. Now, knowing that this is the final season of one of my favorite shows could be a sad time. But it's not. I'm kinda thrilled about watching tonight's season premiere.

See, Lost fans have known for a few years now that there was an expiration date. In a way, it's nice to have that information. Because then we aren't just tuning in week after week wondering if there will be any answers to the questions from the week before, as we spent the first couple of seasons. All those unanswered questions probably caused a lot of people to stray away from the show. I know that I, myself, couldn't help but question some of the writers' moves in those first couple of years.

At first, I scoffed at the idea that some guy was living in semi-modern quarters inside the hatch that Locke uncovered. And what the heck was up with Nikki and Paulo? Honestly, I almost quit watching just because of them. But I didn't. I stuck with it. And over the next few months, it's finally gonna pay off.

Because the creators have been working toward this season. They've been building up their stories with these final episodes in mind. And finally, we're going to have a season of Lost that gives us more answers than questions.

That's the rumor anyway. But you really can't believe everything you read on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment