Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Blessing and a Curse

You know, any time that I don't have to wake up at 6am in order to shower, shave, and get ready for a 45 minute commute to a job that I don't like is the start of a good day.

Yesterday was one of those days. I'm typically only allowed to work 35 hours a week at the bank. In some ways, this is good. It means that I get a full day off during the week. It's not a bad deal, working two days, then having a day off, two on the weekend. It's nice. And it keeps me from getting so burned out. The downside is that I get five hours fewer per week than I would if I were working one of those full 40 hour work weeks. That's less money on that paycheck.

But it was a day off. I got to sleep late. I got to have breakfast with a couple of friends that have recently come into my life and have already become an important support and encouragement to me. I got to come back home and relax and spend some time actually doing things I wanted to do.

And while all that was well and good, late in the day I received a disturbing text message from my assistant manager. The Girl in the White SUV came by the bank while I wasn't there. The universe is full of good and bad; a constant yin and yang, if you will. But I do work four out of five days each work week. The odds are in my favor that, next time she comes by, I will be there. And I will be waiting to see that smile yet again.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is the part of life that sometimes....Just isn't fair!
    The good and the bad all wrapped up in one...UCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete