Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mother's Day

I know, Mother's Day is still a few weeks away. But I'd really like to dedicate a post to my Mom.

Recently she read something on here that I'm pretty sure upset her. Once I found out her feelings about what I had written, I tried to rectify the situation by explaining that what I wrote was not directed at her, nor was it meant to make her feel bad. I talked a bit about my personal issues with family relations, particularly since my Dad passed away. I need to make it clear that these are my personal issues. These are choices that I've made. I hope that no one in my family feels any guilt or tries to bear any responsibility for my decisions and my issues.

That being said, I need my mother to know just how much I love her. I know that I tell her all the time. And I know that I've told her in the past that I appreciate her and everything she's done for me. And I'm hoping that she knows that the times I've said these things have not merely been talk.

I've complained in the past about how I haven't received too many familial visits since my move to North Carolina. That part is just talk. Not that I actually do get a lot of visits, but I really don't mind. However, Mom has been down here a few times and I know that if the need were to arise, she would drop whatever she was doing to come down here in a time of crisis. And she has.

That's the kind of person she is. I'd be lying if I said that I agreed with everything that Mom's ever done. But I'm sure there are a lot of things that I've done that have been contradictory to how she thought they should be handled. But she's kind and is constantly putting the needs of others before her own. When it comes to her family, she is constantly there, taking care of people in need, often doing so without expecting so much as a thank you.

All of that is to say thank you to her. I hope she realizes just how much I appreciate the things that she does for me, for my sister, for her family, and even for friends who live hundreds of miles away.

2 comments:

  1. I also appreciate your Mom. She was there for me last weekend and I can't thank her enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well....you really know how to make your mom cry! lol...
    Thank you so much for the wonderful words. I know you love me and I have never doubted that. I am and will always be there for you. I love you so much and am extremely proud of the man that you have become. I know that you inherited all of the good from both your dad and I. I also know that he is VERY proud of you.
    Thank you again! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete