Thursday, December 09, 2010

Community

Every now and then a movie or TV show comes along that compels me to watch repeatedly. As a kid, my repeat movie was Back to the Future. In college, my friends and I would watch Friends over and over again. When the first season of How I Met Your Mother hit DVD, I bought it and watched it again and again.

These days, that show for me is Community. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is about that show that makes me laugh so much. It's one of those shows that's able to make fun of itself and manages to pull in enough pop culture references to fill an encyclopedia. It's possible that I'm exaggerating. But I can't be exaggerating too much.

This week I've been getting the discs from season 1 through Netflix. And, having watched the first two discs, I'm trying to scrape together the money to actually buy the DVDs. Because I kind of want to watch it all again. Even though I haven't been through the last half of the season yet.

And on a side note (which may actually play into my reasoning for liking the show as much as I do), I've developed something of a crush on Alison Brie, who plays Annie Edison on Community. Not that I truly believe anything will ever happen between the two of us, but I'm informing everyone now that everything else is currently on the back burner. That is, until we somehow manage to convince Ms. Brie to fall in love with me or, at the very least, come to know of my existence. Who's with me in this noble quest?

3 comments:

  1. I'll help you out if you get Ryan Reynolds to fall in love with me. Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in. No... wait... You're both married. And not to each other. I really don't want to get in trouble here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that show so much. And last night's Christmas episode had me rolling.

    ReplyDelete